Are you paying more than $3.15 per call for calls from an inmate in an Arkansas State Prison?
If your answer to this question is "Yes," SaveOnPrisonCalls services can help you reduce the cost of the calls from Arkansas state prisons.
To save on the cost of prepaid collect and debit calls from Arkansas State Prisons, you will need an out-of-state phone number. Having an out-of-state number for the inmate to call will save $1.65 per call on in-state long distance calls.
Example of savings: 10 calls per month = $16.50 savings per month
20 calls per month = $33.00 savings per month
30 calls per month = $49.50 savings per month
To any Arkansas phone number: $4.80 per call
To any U.S. number outside of Arkansas: $3.15 per call
*rates subject to change and may not include taxes.
Need a virtual out-of-state number or non-cell phone number? Click Here to sign up
From the Arkansas DOC website
ADC inmates are provided with coinless telephones during established hours of use. Inmates can only make collect calls to pre-approved numbers. Cellular phones or calling cards are strictly prohibited. Inmates can lose their telephone privileges for disciplinary reasons. Boot Camp inmates may write and receive letters only. Access to telephones are only allowed in emergency situations or to notify family or friends prior to graduation from the Boot Camp.
Global Tel*Link (GTL) was selected as ADC’s inmate telephone system provider as a result of a competitive bid process, coordinated through Arkansas’ Office of State Purchasing. GTL has established collect call billing arrangements with various clearing houses in order to reduce call blocking and allow more collect calls to be completed. If your telephone provider does not have a billing contract with GTL (you cannot accept collect calls from GTL), it may be necessary to establish an account with GTL. Two options are available for establishing an account: AdvancePay and Inmate Prepay. Please note that service fees will apply for all credit and debit card transactions.
1. ADVANCEPAY - AdvancePay telephone accounts allows you to establish an account that can only be used for your phone number. AdvancePay calls are charged the same call rates as traditional collect calls. However with AdvancePay, customers are provided the ability to monitor and manage their own accounts through the automation that AdvancePay provides. Contact the GTL AdvancePay automated system at (800) 483-8314 to establish an AdvancePay account, make a deposit or to check the balance of your existing AdvancePay account. Accounts may also be established:
- By Internet - Create a payment account at OffenderConnect.com
- By Western Union Quick Collect – visit any Western Union agent and fill out the blue Quick Collect form. Make deposits payable to Global Tel*Link. The Code City is “AdvancePay” and the state is AL for Alabama.
- By Check or Money Order – mail deposits to: AdvancePay Service Department, Department 1722, Denver, Colorado 80291-1722. Be sure to include your account telephone number on the check or money order.
AUTOMATED ADVANCEPAY SET-UP - When a called party's number is blocked from accepting collect calls, GTL's automated system interrupts the call attempt and offers the called party the opportunity to set up an AdvancePay account immediately with a credit card and allows the call-in-process to be completed upon account set-up.
For additional information regarding this service or how to establish an AdvancePay account, please click here for GTL’s AdvancePay Brochure.
2. INMATE PREPAY - Money placed on an inmate’s prepaid telephone account can be used to call anyone on their pre-approved list. Friends and family members can send money in the following ways:
- By Internet - log on to the website below for one of the participating money transfer agents. Use a credit or debit card to pay.
Arkansas.gov - Information Network of Arkansas (INA) http://www.arkansas.gov/inmatebanking
- By Phone - call the toll-free numbers listed below for the participating money transfer agents. Use a credit or debit card to pay.
Arkansas.gov - Information Network of Arkansas (INA), (866) 250-7697
Refunds: Once money is placed in an inmates prepay telephone account, it becomes the inmate’s responsibility. Refunds will only be issued to inmates released from the facility. A written request for a refund must be made by the inmate and submitted prior to departure. Refunds are processed within 60 business days of receipt of a written request. The GTL Refund Form is available to each released inmate who has funds remaining in a prepay telephone account.
- Deposits made to ADC are applied to an inmate’s prepay account, not AdvancePay. Consequently, the inmate can use these funds to call anyone on his/her Allowed Number List.
- The processing fee may vary among the agents. (ADC does NOT receive any of these fees.)
- Please allow up to 2 business days for debit/credit card prepay transaction processing.