Alabama Department of Corrections: Phone Calls
Are you paying more than $2.75 per call for calls from an inmate in an Alabama State Prison?
If your answer to this question is "Yes," SaveOnPrisonCalls services can help you reduce the cost of the calls from Alabama state prisons. Learn more about our service by reviewing our How It Works page.
To save on the cost of prepaid collect and debit calls from Alabama State Prisons, you will need a local number. We have local numbers available for many Alabama State Facilities. Having a local number for the inmate to call will save $4.00 or more per call on in-state long distance calls.
Get your guaranteed local number now and start saving today.
Local calls: $2.75 per call
In-state long distance calls: $6.75 per 15-minute call, plus .30 per minute over 15 minutes
Out of state long distance calls: $3.15 per 15-minute call, plus .21 per minute over 15 minutes
The rate schedule for all calls, (Prepaid Collect, Collect, or Debit Phone Time) is:
|#||Payment Type||Call Type||Connect Fee||Per Minute Rate||Price of 15 Minute Call|
|1||Collect||Local||$2.75 ||$0.00||$2.75 |
Taxes vary by location and are not included in the chart above
*Rates subject to change.
Prison Phone Provider for setting up prepaid accounts:
ICSolutions - Set up and fund prepaid account or fund call center debit account.
ADOC has contracted with CenturyLink to provide calling and account billing services to inmates. Recipients of these calls may include friends, relatives, and attorneys.
Friends, family members, or attorneys can establish and fund prepaid calling accounts by phone or internet. Called parties can make payments directly to an inmate's calling account, or take advantage of a Prepaid Collect calling plan to accommodate calls to cell phones or accounts with credit issues.
- Call Center Debit
- Enables you to fund an inmate debit calling account so they can call who they choose.
- Payments accepted: Credit/debit card (MasterCard and Visa logo) & Western Union. A maximum per-transaction limit will apply to credit/debit cards. Fund an account:
- Prepaid Collect account
- Enables you to receive calls to your specific phone number from an inmate
- Allows calls to connect to cell phones or internet phone services, which do not allow Traditional Collect billing
- No monthly spending limits
- Payments accepted: Credit/debit card (MasterCard and Visa logo) & Western Union. A maximum per-transaction limit will apply to credit/debit cards. Establish or manage an account:
- Online: www.icsolutions.com
- By phone: 888-506-8407
- Note: if you accept a call from an ADOC inmate and have not already established a Prepaid Collect account, you will receive one complimentary 60-second call and then be automatically routed to a customer service agent
- Traditional Collect account
- Calls will be billed on your monthly bill from your local phone company (if your phone company offers this option)
- There is no need to set up an account if your local phone company offers this option; an account will be set up for you automatically when you accept a call.
- A 30-day spending limit will apply to Traditional Collect accounts.
- Manage your account:
- Direct bill account (Attorneys only)
- Calls billed directly to Attorneys only
- Establish or manage your account
The following restrictions may be applied by the ADOC to inmate calling:
- Limits on length of calls or calling availability hours
- Limits on number of inmate calls or total monthly call minutes
- Call monitoring, recording, and inmate voice validation (in order to place calls)
- Blocks on types of phone numbers (such as 800 numbers) or selected phone numbers
- Temporary or permanent denial of phone usage rights based on disciplinary problems, gang affiliations, or requests by a called party
Excerpt from the Alabama DOC Website: Alabama Department of Corrections
PROCEDURES (Excerpt from AL DOC website)
A. Each institution will distribute the ADOC Form 431 to each inmate when received
into their institution. ADOC Form 431 will be available to the inmate population
to request changes.
B. Restrictions of inmate telephone privilege by the Warden/designee will be
provided to the Telephone Monitor on a daily basis to be entered into the
computer as soon as possible.
C. Upon arrival at an institution the Telephone Monitor will check the inmate’s
institutional file for their current approved telephone list. If the inmate is eligible
for a change, they will be allowed to do so at this time.
D. The Telephone Monitor should enter the inmate’s telephone list into the telephone
computer within 72 hours of receiving the inmate, excluding weekends and
holidays. A copy will be provided for the inmate’s institutional file.
E. Each inmate’s telephone list will be entered into the telephone computer by
Personal Identification Number (PIN) and name.
F. An inmate will be allowed to change their telephone list:
1. Once every six (6) months, in conjunction with the time of their regular
visiting/funds list change.
2. The inmate’s six month period will begin at the reception center with the
first list (telephone/visitation/funds) entered.
3. If an inmate’s immediate family member moves prior to the six (6) month
change, the inmate can submit a copy of the old telephone bill and a copy
of the new telephone bill as documentation with the new telephone
4. Prior to the six month change, an attorney’s telephone number may be
changed or a new number added, provided a letter is submitted on the
attorney’s letter head requesting the change.
G. All telephone calls, except those involving attorney-client privileges, are subject
to being recorded and investigated where necessary to maintain institutional
H. Recorded conversations may be used as evidence at a disciplinary hearing or freeworld
court where there is a violation of a State or Federal law.
Alabama State Correctional Facilities
|Bibb Correctional Facility|
565 Bibb Lane
Brent, AL 35034
|Bullock Correctional Facility|
P.O. Box 5107
Union Springs, AL 36089-5107
|Donaldson Correctional Facility|
100 Warrior Lane
Bessemer, AL 35023-7299
|Draper Correctional Facility|
2828 Alabama Highway 143
Elmore, AL 36025
|Easterling Correctional Facility|
200 Wallace Drive
Clio, AL 36017-2615
|Elmore Correctional Facility|
3520 Marion Spillway Road
Elmore, AL 36025
|Farquhar Cattle Ranch|
1132 County Rd. 73
Greensboro, AL 36744
|Fountain / JO Davis Correctional Facility|
Atmore, AL 36503-3800
|Hamilton Aged & Infirmed|
223 Sasser Drive
Hamilton, AL 35570
|Holman Correctional Facility|
Atmore, AL 36503-3700
|Kilby Correctional Facility|
P.O. Box 150
Mt. Meigs, AL 36057
|Limestone Correctional Facility|
28779 Nick Davis Rd
Harvest, AL 35749
|Montgomery Women's Facility|
P.O. Box 75
Mt. Meigs, AL 36057
|Red Eagle Work Center|
1290 Red Eagle Road
Montgomery, AL 36110
|St. Clair Correctional Facility|
1000 St. Clair Road
Springville, AL 35146
|Staton Correctional Facility|
P.O. Box 56
Elmore, AL 36025
|Tutwiler Prison for Women|
8966 US Hwy 231 N
Wetumpka, AL 36092
|Ventress Correctional Facility|
P.O. Box 767
Clayton, AL 36016-0767
Get your local number now and start saving today. Order Now